What language shall we speak today?
Expats, here defined as people who are, will be or have been living in a foreign country and are facing a variety of professional and/or personal challenges:
- Taking the decision to move to another country
- Working out the consequences of this move for their partner/family
- Orienting themselves in their new homes
- Learning the local language*
- Incorporating themselves into foreign organisations (private and professional)
- Integrating themselves into the host culture
- Understanding and dealing with cultural differences
- Reaching the objectives of their mission
- Maintaining contact with their home country/system/organisation
- And finally: once they have finished their mission, reintegrating back home!
Thanks to my personal experiences in Spain and the Netherlands, I know all these challenges from the inside.
* Obviously coaching is not the correct tool for learning a new language, but it can focus on learning strategies and overcoming mental barriers.
Further specialist Coaching