Team-Leadership & Motivation
“Unlock peoples’ potentials to become a better version of themselves”
The active management of team members’ functions, roles, communication structure and especially their motivation, is the key that distinguishes a winning team from a losing one.
Yet most managers are given responsibility for managing teams without having received any training for their new roles. They are usually experts in their field, have quite some work experience and a good record with the company that they are working for. But what do they know about leading people? About motivating its members? When to support them and when to be tough on them? How to increase their performance? What and when to delegate and what to do themselves?
Our team leadership training starts out with reflection time for observing and analyzing the situation in participants’ teams. Only then we start with looking at different leadership styles and their respective pros and cons before participants choose the most appropriate leadership style and motivation strategy depending on the situation in and around the team. Additionally we develop the basic skill sets of team leaders: Motivation, communication, observation, delegation, giving critical-constructive feedback and assertiveness.
Providing the participants with the necessary skills, tools and mindset to lead and motivate their teams. After participating in this training, participants will be able to:
- Observe and diagnose the situation in and around their teams
- Actively choose their leadership style in function of situation and team members’ capabilities and motivation.
- Decide which tasks to delegate and which ones to do themselves.
- Choose the right words and attitude in each situation and to give constructive feedback in order to develop and motivate their team.
- Concepts of group, team, roles, management and leadership
- Concepts of motivation, needs and resources
- Group Dynamics
- Leadership styles
- Observation and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Needs and resource analysis
- Giving critical-constructive Feedback
Interactivity, active experience and learning by doing constitute the core methodology of this training course. The training takes a strong experiential approach offering every participant ample room and possibility to observe, analyze and improve his/her own leadership style. Every participant will assume the role of team leader at least once during the course and will receive in-depth feedback on his/her performance. In practice this means the frequent use of practical exercises such as group dynamic activities, role-plays and case studies. Theoretic knowledge will be introduced in parallel but always with the clear objective of increasing participant’s skills for observation, analysis and resulting action planning.