Training in Interactive Online Meetings
Making your remote meetings & events more interactive and engaging
Remote or online meetings increasingly replace physical get-togethers at the conference table. Time- and cost savings are obvious advantages of online meetings, while at the same time, meeting people virtually presents us with a couple of new challenges:
- Physical distance and weak personal connection are predominant and easily lead to participants getting distracted, disconnected or mentally switching off. Designing interactive online meetings therefore is of uttermost importance.
- Technical difficulties (bad connectivity, audio, video, etc) are a constant hazard that reduce productivity and engagement. Good preparation and virtual meeting etiquette is therefore key.
- Missing or switched-off cameras lead to missing non-verbal communication and make our online meetings more distant and colder. Getting participants to switch on their cameras is one of the keys in interactive online meetings.
Provide participants with the necessary tools and skills to, design and moderate their remote meetings in an interactive and dynamic way. After participating in this training, participants will be able to:
- Configure video conference calls professionally to fit their needs
- Plan remote meetings & events in an interactive & dynamic way
- Set up and use a set of online interaction tools for their meetings
- Establish clear and simple netiquette and protocols
- Moderate remote meetings in a dynamic, interactive and efficient way
- Use the webcam to engage with participants
This is a remote training session.
Our remote trainings are not simple e-learning courses, but based on interaction & “hands-on” learning by doing! We use simple-to-use platforms and tools, to design virtual learning experiences including video calls, virtual breakout-rooms, participant interaction and feedback from participants & trainer.
Each focus point on the agenda (see “Key Contents” above) is dealt with in the following way:
- short theoretical input (approx. 10mins)
- practical exercise to put theory into practice (approx. 10mins)
- debrief and feedback on the exercise and (approx. 5mins)
- Q&A at the end of the capsule (approx. 5mins)
Participants will receive feedback on their performance from other participants and trainer.
- Hardware (mic, camera, background)
- Software (Skype, Webex, Zoom & Co)
Interaction & Moderating of Online Meetings
- Invitation – Getting participants camera-ready and geared up for interaction
- Opening – Engaging participants right from the start
- Netiquette – Establishing rules that make your meeting more effective
- Moderation – How to encourage active participation
- Media – Video, presentations & screensharing
- Closure – Ensuring impact and follow-up
- Polls and surveys – Know what your audience thinks
- Webcam – Actively engage with participants through body language
- Pinboards & post-its® ¬– Design for active participation
- Break-Out rooms – Get the most out of your participants
- Shared documents – Online collaboration
- Quizzes – Using the power of gamification
ATTENTION: The above described objectives, contents and methodology are just an example. All our trainings are custom tailored for our clients and adapted to organisation, objectives and participants’ profiles. Contact us to talk about your specific training needs!